Wednesday, January 23, 2008

more than four is one too many


If someone would ask me about my biggest fear ever I would probably need those three seconds it takes to say the word: spiders. I know most people probably fear death or illnesses or failures but me? I am terribly afraid of spiders. Actually if I had to think about it, I am afraid of everything that has more than four legs and less than two, that is, if the being in question is not crippled. I pity those.

I heard it is some sort of mental illness this fear of spiders, called arachnophobia. I do not know if it is true (well actually I do, I am a victim of it) but I know that I am simply terrified when I come across a spider. Black, brown, big, small, fat or slim, long or short legged, these creatures are making me sick, with their hairy eight legs and their swollen bellies, the way they run up or down the walls… only thinking about them gives me the goose bumps. It’s horrible!

If I see a spider, the first thing I am thinking about is to run as far as possible… on the other hand the thought that it just might come back and haunt me freaks me out, so obviously the next thing that crosses my mind is how to kill it? An old saying mentions that if one kills a spider nine of his or her sins will be forgiven by Virgin Mary. I guess that as every person who knows that is killing with no particular reason, I looked for a motivation of what I did, except for the rush of fear and sickness, so there it was… I made full use of it… a lot of times in my childhood… yeah well after all, as I grew older shit turned around and I did not care anymore. I simply killed them… they still terrify me but now I have absolutely no problem in taking the nearest shoe and kick the lives out of them… right there on the floor, on the wall… on the sidewalk… wherever. Spiders? No more spiders for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a common fear . "spidy and spidos" are not your friends ;)

Otrava multor paianjeni provoaca alergi si chiar psihoze,si chiar moartea.

Toti oamenii au o firca de paianjeni iar daca nu o au o dezvolta in timp dupa ce se trezesc muscati.

Muscaturile oricarui paiajen sunt dureroase si deranjante.

Acu sa nu te sperii prea tare :P

Cand vezi un paiajen foloseste ziarul...sau spray-ul ..